ATees Shipping & Handling During COVID-19
Last Updated: 27nd May, 2020, 18:12pm PST
- Given the significant impacts of COVID-19 on the global aviation industry, DHL Express adjusted its Emergency Situation Surcharge on May 24, 2020. For more details of the adjusted surcharge, click here.
Last Updated: 22nd May, 2020, 11:30pm PST
- Russia and Singapore have stopped all airmail and Speedpost services.
Last Updated: 28th April, 2020, 10:25am PST
- Get a pack of FREE disposable face masks when you order on ATees.com. Details here http://asiate.es/read?l=BK89JF3MJ_Q
Last Updated: 9th April 2020, 9am PST
- Some countries have suspended standard airmail and Speedpost (EMS) services. The status of all of the countries that we ship are in Table 5.1 below.
- We recommend using FedEx or DHL for your shipments during COVID-19 period to minimize delays. FedEx International Priority and DHL Express shipping are the fastest way to receive packages right now, with little to no delay in delivery time.
Table 5.1 Hong Kong Post standard airmail service and Speedpost (EMS) status.
|Country||Airmail Below 2kg||Airmail Over 2kg||SpeedPost|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||•||•||•|
|Northern Mariana Islands||•||•||•|
|Papua New Guinea||Suspended||Suspended||•|
|Serbia And Montenegro||•||•||•|
|Trinidad And Tobago||Suspended||Suspended||•|
|United Arab Emirates||Suspended||Suspended||Suspended|
Last Updated: 7th April 2020, 6am PST
- ATees is continuing to ship out packages without delay, and are absorbing part of the FedEx and DHL shipping cost during these challenging times.
- Airmail service and Speedpost (EMS) service to some countries are suspended. For the countries that are receiving airmail and/or Speedpost packages, expect some delays based on destination local conditions (see Table 3.1 for the full list).
- FedEx is only offering its fastest service during COVID-19, the International Priority.
- Surcharge is added by FedEx and DHL for some shipments. The surcharge is already reflected in the shipping cost.
- Since the temporary suspension of airmail services to some countries, the Free Shipping savings are shifted to FedEx and DHL shipping. You will see lower FedEx and DHL rates for the affected countries.
- We recommend using FedEx and DHL for your orders. Both courier companies are still delivering packages safely and quickly worldwide. We believe they are the most reliable companies to handle your packages during COVID-19.
- FedEx owns and operates all of their airplanes and is less impacted by COVID-19. DHL owns and operates some of its own airplanes.
Last Updated: 3rd April 2020, 5pm PST
- ATees is continuing to ship out packages without delay, putting safety a priority.
- We recommend using FedEx and DHL for your orders, especially during COVID-19 period. They are fast, safe and reliable. FedEx and DHL are delivering packages safely and quickly worldwide.
Last Updated: 2nd April 2020, 11pm PST
- Airmail services to some destinations are suspended. We've gathered all the infomation for you. See the list of countries below in Table 3.1.
- ATees continues to subsidize a portion of FedEx and DHL courier shipping for the countries affected by the airmail suspension. We will fight COVID-19 together!
Table 3.1 is now obsolete. Please refer to the latest table above.
Last Updated: 30th March 2020, 2am PST
- ATees is absorbing part of the FedEx and DHL shipping fees during COVID-19. We believe they are the most reliable companies to handle your packages. We are in this fight together!
- Since the temporary suspension of airmail services to some countries, the Free Shipping savings are now shifted to FedEx and DHL shipping options. You will see lower FedEx and DHL charges for those affected countries (click here for a full list).
Last Updated: 28th March 2020, 7am PST
- ATees is fulfilling orders quickly during COVID-19, making safety a priority
- Some airmail services are suspended for different countries (click here for a full list)
- FedEx is experiencing high volumes of shipment; suspends Int'l Economy shipping method
- DHL has added an Emergency Situation Surcharge to some shipments (click here to see the surcharge)
Like many of you, our ATees Family is made up of working parents, community members and people just trying to navigate a new normal. Here's what we are doing to reduce the coronavirus spread, while working hard to continue to serve our customers, vendors and employees. Please take a moment to read.
OUR SERVICE CONTINUES #RCNeverStops
Chances are you've seen this hashtag when a box showed up at your front door. Never has our #RCNeverStops passion been more tested. With the spread of COVID-19, even our most loyal customers are asking "are you still shipping?". The answer is - yes, why wouldn't we? As online shopping continues to rise, R/C is no different. Our purchasers even brought in some smaller R/C cars to play inside the home during this self-quarantine period to help fight boredom! We are making sure your order arrives as quickly as possible. For our employees’ safety and yours, we’re taking extra precautions with additional cleaning and sanitation in our fulfillment centers.
WHAT WE ARE DOING DURING THE COVID-19 PERIOD
Here are a few of the ways we are making safety a priority:
- Canceled company meetings in person and events.
- Wearing masks at all times in the premise of the building.
- Following the government’s mandatory 14-days quarantine for any overseas travel.
- Increased the sanitation schedule and deep cleaning of high-touch areas.
- Working from home for non-business critical jobs.
These changes help us adequately follow social-distancing guidelines and allow us to do what we can to protect our employees, our immediate community, and the city and surrounding regions. Stay safe out there!
WHAT'S THE OVERALL STATUS OF SHIPPING INTERNATIONAL FROM HONG KONG?
ATees has long-standing partnerships with both FedEx and DHL. They've successfully delivered hundreds of thousands of packages for us over the years. We highly recommend our customers use FedEx or DHL for their shipments, especially during COVID-19. Because of economies of scale our courier rates with both FedEx and DHL are deeply discounted. Their services are fully operational except for delays in cases of local government restrictions. Having their own airplanes pay dividends in times like this!
- From 25th of March, DHL has added a small-ish temporary emergency surcharge to some shipments. This pricing will be reflected in your DHL shipping (click here to see the surcharge)
The company is following CDC and WHO guidelines for health and hygiene, including educating team members, encouraging practices such as frequent hand-washing, and sanitation of workspaces and equipment.
- FedEx is considered an essential business by the US gov. and is trying to maintain normal operations as much as possible.
- FedEx is fully operational; waiving signature-on-delivery service in some countries.
- They're experiencing delays (on average, 1-2 days) on most services for US, Hong Kong, China, Europe, the Middle East, India, and Africa.
- Signature-on-delivery services within the US have been suspended, except for cases where Adult Signature Required (ASR) is in place. Couriers will ask for verbal confirmation of name and maintain a safe distance.
- FedEx US store hours may be reduced - check your local store for new operating hours and available services.
- Due to travel restrictions and border closures, the carrier has suspending its money-back guarantee for all FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight, and FedEx Office services until further notice.
SUSPENSION OF OVERSEAS POSTAL SERVICE VIA HONG KONG POSTAL SERVICE
To fight cross-border contamination, passenger flights have been largely reduced during the current COVID-19 pandemic. It is affecting the airline industry and many of the industries that depend on them to deliver products to consumers.
To the surprise of many, passenger aircraft not only carry people, but they also carry a lot of cargos too. A portion of the packages (mainly standard airmail packages) ATees Hobbies ship out daily are transported by these passenger aircraft.
Beginning March 28, 2020, we are notified by the Hong Kong Post (HKP) that some of the aircraft have stopped flying to certain destinations from Hong Kong. For the time being we are unable to offer standard airmail shipping to those destinations. Below is the link to the HKP website showing the affected countries.
The above link directly takes you to the HKP official website. If your destination is on the list, no standard airmail shipping option will be available until further notice from the HKP. If you have chosen standard airmail shipping before the above shipping update on our website, our Customer Loyalty Team will contact you for other shipping options. We may call you or email you. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.
Note: Depending on the time of this article, the information on this page may or may not be the most up-to-date. While we try our best to give you the most accurate information, keep in mind that shipping information is constantly updated. If you are unsure about any shipping information, contact us at 1-480-409-1938, by email us, whatsapp or live chat with us (click on Live Chat on the bottom right corner of this page).